Family of 11 Globe Hoppers Travel the World
Globe Hoppers, the Mark Anderson family of Muscatine, Iowa provide you with adventure travel at its finest like snowmobiling near Longyearbyen,Svalbard (world's most northern community) as in top photo.
2012 Welcome Grandma Ose, Liliana & David!
This global travel trend began when dad packed us off to Canada and
Europe on our first international adventure trip years ago.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness..."
- Mark Twain
Mark Anderson Family, 2010
GlobeHoppers Christmas 2009 -- Welcome BETHANY!!
After tasting adventurous family travel, it's become a way of life--one of us is often on some global escape travel.
We've all gone somewhere--all have been to Asia, but Sarah; all have been to Europe, but John. So far, we've touched our toes on 6 continents and over 88 countries.
Andrew, Samuel, Matthew, Kari, Mark, Sarah, Ethan, Anna & John
Globe Hoppers brings global travel to you with our family trip experiences.
None of us claims to be a global expert in travel, but we'll share the tips we've learned.
"The gladdest moment in human life methinks, is a departure into unknown lands. The blood flows with the fast circulation of childhood." Sir Richard Burton
All set? Well then...let's get going!
create your own visited country map
- You won't miss a thing if you keep in touch with our Globe-Hoppers blog. Family adventure at its finest...nine viewpoints from many world points brought right to you online.
- Globe Hopper Tributes
- Globe Hopper tributes is a page for us to remember and honor friends, relatives and other people we love or admire after they pass from this mortal world. Feel free to add your own special memories.
- Boogie Boarding on the Gold Coast
- At last, I found my sport! Boogie boarding is not only fun it's easy! Even if you're not the sporty type....give boogie boarding a try.
- ANS TV Baku Azerbaijan Birthday Party
- Join me for a birthday party at ANS TV Baku Azerbaijan...find out what really happens at TV stations!
- Bahrain Shopping for Fruits & Vegetables
- This veggie seller was a walking calculator....who needs bar coded merchandise? It was fascinating to watch this fellow as folks did their Bahrain shopping.
- Shanghai Pudong's Skyline
- Join me for a rest along the river and view the sci-fi looking Pudong district of Shanghai, China. Is this a movie set?
- Czech Republic Art by Primas Children
- These delightful children's pictures are made by Michael and Vera Primas' children. Czech Republic Art by Primas Children.
- Pupusa Recipe
- Pupusa Recipe...El Salvadorian delicacy
- Former East Germany
- Who can ever forget what communist East Germany was like...large black dogs sent under the trains, speedy passes through darkened cities, and soldiers everywhere?
- River Thames in London Yields Ancient Artifacts
- The River Thames has ancient artifact treasures galore! Can you imagine just picking up tiles from Tudor house? Or hand forged nails hundreds of years old? How about ancient hand blown glass?
- Haapsalu Shawl Treasure of Estonia
- Nothing screams Estonia like a Haapsalu shawl. The ladies of the Baltic sea resort city, Haapsula, developed their knitting skills and now are known for these finely knit shawls that fit through a rin
- Photos of the Louvre Museum in Paris, France
- Photos of the Louvre Museum...from inside the glass pyramid, through windows, van and details.
- Budapest Bridge -- Liberty Bridge
- The Liberty Bridge over the Danube in Budapest is the most elegant and lovely Budapest bridge. The intricate iron work is a beauty to behold.
- Iran Kish Island Young Families Enjoy the Beach
- Kish Island is a part of Iran where one does not need a visa. Visiting mainland Iran is more complicated for USA citizens right now, so I took a day to spend on Kish Island to meet some of its people
- Dublin Dulcimer Enjoy my Video
- I didn't know dulcimers came with feet. This one was like a piano and played on the streets of Dublin...yes, a Dublin dulcimer. See and hear my videos and an extra one too...enjoy.
- Ginza Tokyo Japan Video
- Wonder what Ginza, Tokyo, Japan is like? This area is similar to Times Square....lots of flashy lights and action going on here.
- Jordan Travel Guide
- Jordan is one of the most fascinating Middle Eastern countries. The people, the food, the history and culture all combine to make a very pleasing experience. Jordan travel guide will get you started.
- Kuwait Independence -- Celebrating!
- Celebrating Kuwait Independence Day with painted cars and five kilometer long banners.
- Living in a Mud Hut in Malawi
- 13 reasons why living in a Malawi mud hut beats living at my house.
- Oaxaca, Mexico and Casa Hogar
- Travel Adventure in Oaxaca Mexico, 2002 and 2004 including a visit to Casa Hogar, a children's home.
- Titanic was Built in Belfast Did You Know That?
- A little bit of info about the fact that the Titanic was built in Belfast...and a true story about some potential passengers on the Titanic.
- My Norwegian Heritage Goes Back for Centuries...and is Recorded in Books...
- My Norwegian Heritage is highly documented on both sides of my family. I'm fortunate to have detailed records of my Norwegian Heritage and even a very old photograph of a 7th great Grandfather.
- Santa Cruz Island Tropical Paradise
- Santa Cruz Island -- heaven on earth....or is it? Yes the beaches are pristine, waters clear, sand white, but what lurks around the bend, unseen from tourist's knowing eyes??
- Qatar Tornado? A Building called Tornado
- Qatar tornado building in the upscale business part of Doha, Qatar. Our fiend, Ali, works there during construction as an electircal engineer.
- Lady the Romanian Dog and Friends
- Meet Lady the Romanian dog and her friends, Daniel, Christian, Laura and Alexandra.
- Inch View Bed and Breakfast Perth Scotland
- Inch View Bed and Breakfast Perth Scotland ...a super place to stay, friendly, helpful, great breakfasts and rooms. Inch View B & B in Perth, Scotland is right across from a lovely park.
- Visit Svalbard with me....Ever wonder what the top of the world is like?
- Svalbard...the north region of the Arctic Circle. Join me on my visit to this "World's Most Northern Place."
- Bangkok Christian Guest House offers clean A/C rooms at reasonable rates.
- Bangkok Christian Guest House Offers Safe, Pleasant Accomodations Near to Shopping Areas. Amenities include common TV rooms, chapel, library, internet access, delicious free breakfast, tours, English
- Photos and Stories from Istanbul, Turkey
- In 2005, I came back from Istanbul with almost 50,000 photos, a big copper pot, and an annoying tendency to stand too close to people when talking with them.
- Dubai Creek -- Not Your Ordinary Creek
- Dubai Creek is an experience,not just a place where water flows. If you don't take time to visit the creek when you're in Dubai...you've missed something special.
- God Given UK Adventure
- Has God ever given you direction through numbers? It's fun to uncover the hidden meaning and then go...like on this UK adventure.
- A Red Hat Party at Adora Ose's Farm Near Echo, MN
- My mom, Adora Ose had a wonderful lawn party this summer....a Red Hat party for her friends from Beliview, MN Red Hat Club...see and hear the fun.
- Madame Fromage Cheese Shop in Cardiff, Wales
- Join me for a visit to Madame Fromage cheese shop in Cardiff, Wales. Is Welsh Rarebit really served in Wales?
- Contact Globe Hoppers
- Contact Globe Hoppers here. We'd love to exchange links with other travel sites, homeschool sites, family sites, and possibliy others as well. Don't hesitate to contact us.
- Globe Hopper News That We Find Interesting
- Globe Hopper News will feature items we've picked out for you that interest us and we think our visitors will also enjoy. Globe hopper news the best of the best.
- Bahrain Culture & News
- Experience Bahrain culture and read current news items. Even though this kingdom is miniscule, it's a "happening" place.
- Interesting Facts About England - News & Add Your Own
- Join the fun in reading interesting facts about England, catching up on the latest British news or adding your own take on the green isle.
- An Anderson Gallery
- An Anderson Gallery of our Lives
- Globe Hoppers Search
- Globe Hoppers Search
- Globe Hoppers Links and Resources
- Globe Hoppers links and resources including other great family websites.
- Mark Twain Quotes from Globe Hopping Around the World
- Mark Twain quotes about his visits to famous and infamous places around the globe. We've included Mark Twain quotes about his insights on world places.
- Share Your Family Trips Here with Your Best Photos
- Now, a place to share your family trips, mission trips, etc, along with your favorite photos. Display and tel about your family trips.
- Texas BlueBonnets Wow!
- Wow, Texas bluebonnets! What a thrilling sight. Lady Bird would be proud to see her wildflower efforts paying off so nicely. Oh, but watch out for rattlesnakes!
- Pages for Family and Friends
- Posts by family and friends. Let us know if you'd like a section for your adventures on Globe-Hoppers.com.
- Travel to Turkey and Visit Cappadocia
- Travel to Turkey and be sure to see Cappadocia where ancient history breatheay living.s through everyday life.
- Malawi Tropical Storm - How Much Damage Can One Do?
- A single Malawi tropical storm can greatly damage a village.
- Links 2
- More great international and USA links 2.
- Malawi Safe Drinking Water?
- Is there such a thing as Malawi safe drinking water?
- Ilons Wonderland in Haapsalu, Estonia
- On a small insignificant street in Haapsalu, Estonia, lies a wonderland, Ilons Wonderland, a place for children to appreciate the art of Ilon Wikland.
- Art of Ilon Wikland - Estonian Illustrator
- Aspiring to be an illustrator? Let the art work of Ilon Wikland, Haapsalu, Estonia inspire you.
- Anderwood - Where we live
- A fun, magical farm, Anderwood, where we live, like no place on earth. Aerial view taken by Sarah.
Civil Rights for the UNBORN!